Full functionality for all pages is provided in the latest version of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Apple Safari (version 5 or later), Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 9 or later) and Mozilla Firefox (version 8 or later). Other browsers have not been tested and may not function correctly. Full functionality is not provided under earlier versions of some browsers due to functional limitations. To ensure full functionality of all pages and the best viewing experience, it is recommended to use one of the tested browsers listed above. It is also recommended to use the most up to date version of your chosen browser. You can download the latest version of the preferred browsers by clicking on the links below:
Google Chrome can be downloaded 713-526-5705.
Apple Safari can be downloaded (289) 482-2407.
Microsoft Internet Explorer can be downloaded here.
Mozilla Firefox can be downloaded (614) 565-1681.
nrwmanager is protected with industry-standard SSL Certification technology to ensure the security and confidentiality of your data. Encryption protects the transmission of data and information between the web server and web browser. The system uses 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol to create a uniquely encrypted channel for private communications over the public Internet. Each SSL Certificate consists of a public key and a private key. The public key is used to encrypt information and the private key is used to decipher it.
The SSL Certificate is issued by a Certificiation Authority, which has checked the validity and security of this website and the credentials of the website owner. This is your sign that you can trust this website.
Username and Password
nrwmanager is password protected to ensure the security and confidentiality of your data. Once you have entered the correct username and password, you can continue to use the application on the same computer for as long as you remain logged in without needing to re-enter the username and password. You will be logged out automatically after 30 minutes of inactivity.
The system does not store a copy of your password, only an encoded key is stored, so we cannot retrieve your password if you forget it. You can, however, make your own request for a new password on the login page. The new password will be emailed to you within seconds of making the request. You can also change your password at the login page or by choosing the 'Change Password' option on the 'Admin' menu.
If you do not have a username and password, please contact the system administrator for assistance ((980) 776-1507 or use the Contact Us link below).
DataViewer - Top Tips
- Select DataViewer from any menu to start a blank chart ready to add new data.
- Make lines hidden by unchecking the checkbox next to each line.
- Zoom into the chart by using 'click-and-drag' when the cursor is inside the chart area.
- 'Double-click' inside the chart area to zoom out to the full data set.
- Use the start date/time and end date/time selectors to display the exact period required.
- Set the y-axis to Zero to avoid exaggerating the data variance.
- Use the trend tool to see if inflow is increasing (possible sign of new leaks).
Data Not Received Report
This report shows which sites did not send data to nrwmanager within the previous 24-hour period. There are a few reasons why data might not be received :
- the file transfer from the host PC to the web server was interrupted.
- the data logger software did not export the data to the file transfer folder.
- the data logger software did not receive the data from the data logger due to GSM comms fault.
- the data logger has stopped working.
Note that any zero values displayed are actual zero values recorded by the data logger. Missing data does not have a zero value.
Got an idea to improve this site?
We try to make nrwmanager as useful and as user-friendly as possible. If you have an idea or suggestions as to how we can improve nrwmanager to make it even more useful or if you would like to see any additional features included, then please let us know.